In line with European legislation, Adicomp S.r.l. ensures that each user of the website understands what cookies are and why they are used, so that the users can make an informed decision of whether or not to accept their use on their device.
What are cookies?
Cookies are computerised or partial data files that can be saved on your computer (or other devices for navigating on the Internet, for example smartphone or tablet) when you visit a site.Usually a cookie contains the name of the Internet site that the cookie comes from, the “lifetime” of the cookie (that is, how long it will remain on your device), and a value, usually a unique random number.
Why are cookies used?
Cookies are used to make use of the site easier and to adapt it better to your interests and needs.Cookies can also be used to speed up your future experiences and activities on the site.This site is not able to identify you personally through this information.
What types of cookies do we use?
Cookies can be classed in four categories, based on their functions:
- Necessary cookies
- Functional cookies
- Performance cookies
- Cookies for marketing purposes (not used)
The Adicomp S.r.l. website uses only the first three categories of cookies, for which no consent is required.
1. Necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to allow browsing of the website and the use of its functions, for example access to certain protected areas.Without these cookies, some required functions such as login to the site or the creation of an online shopping cart could not be provided.
2. Functional cookies: These cookies allow the website to remember the choices you have made (such as your user name, language or the geographical area where you live) in order to optimise and provide more advanced functions.These cookies can also be used to provide functions that you request, such as watching a video or the possibility of commenting on a blog.This information collected by the cookies can be anonymous and must not trace the browsing and activities of the user on other websites.
3. Performance cookies: These cookies collect information on how the users use the website, for example which pages are visited most often, and whether users receive error messages from these pages.These cookies do not collect information that identifies a specific visitor.All the information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.They are used only to improve the operation of the website.
4. Cookies for marketing purposes: We use our own cookies and those of third parties to show customised advertising on our site and on other websites.This activity is called “retargeting” and is based on the various browsing activities, such as the domains you searched for, the structures you viewed and the prices that were shown to you.Commercial cookies could also be used by third parties to show their products and services on our site.
How can I check or delete cookies?
Most Internet browsers are initially set to accept cookies automatically. You can modify these settings to block cookies or to warn you that the cookies are being sent to your device. There are various ways of managing cookies. Please refer to the instructions manual or to the help screen of your browser to find how to adjust or modify the settings of your browser. If you disable the cookies used by this site, this might influence your experience while you are on the site, for example you might not be able to visit certain sections or you might not receive customised information when you visit the site. If you use different devises to access Internet sites (for example, computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.), you must make sure that each browser on each device is adjusted to reflect your preferences concerning cookies.
How long are cookies stored?
The period may vary because the cookies may be of two types: temporary or persistent.
– Temporary cookies: We use temporary session cookies on all our secure pages to assign a session ID to the user and store it in order to allow uninterrupted browsing on all the areas of our site. This session ID is then used for internal reports, it does not allow personal identification and does not leave any retrievable information on the user’s hard drive. Nearly all the cookies of the websites displayed are session cookies, the activity of which ends when the Internet browser is closed.
– Persistent cookies: The analytical cookies of the websites displayed and third party cookies are persistent because they are used to identify the schemes followed by long-term visitors and to provide the additional functions requested with relation to site customisation and to saved or archived contents. They may remain stored in the user’s computer for 24 hours, for a week or for years, depending on the function they are intended to perform.
By continuing to use our website, the user consents to the installation of our cookies on his device. If the user does not want to receive the required cookies for the use of our website, he must: – modify the browser settings so as to block cookies, partially or totally – cease using our website.
OTHER RESOURCES: To learn more about the Italian law on cookies, see the following resource: Guarantor for the protection of personal data (http://www.garanteprivacy.it/web/guest/home/docweb/-/docweb-display/docweb/2142939)
Effective Date: 15-Apr-2023
Last Updated: 15-Apr-2023
What are cookies?
Types of Cookies we use
Manage cookie preferencesCookie Settings
You can change your cookie preferences any time by clicking the above button. This will let you revisit the cookie consent banner and change your preferences or withdraw your consent right away.
In addition to this, different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. Listed below are the links to the support documents on how to manage and delete cookies from the major web browsers.
If you are using any other web browser, please visit your browser’s official support documents.